B i o g r a p h y
Samantha Du Rennes - Coloratura Soprano
Samantha is a colouratura soprano from Melbourne who has been performing nationally and internationally since she was 12 years old. Samantha currently sings with the Opera Australia chorus and most recently performed in La Boheme at the Opera House.
Music Theatre roles include -
- "Carlotta" in the highly successful World Non Professional Premier of “The Phantom of the Opera” with CLOC Theatre Company, ( for which she received a nomination for the Best Actress in a Supporting Role for the Music Theatre Guild of Victoria)
- A Grisette in “The Merry Widow” with Opera Australia
- "Guido’s Mother "in "NINE” in Belgium with the Intermezzo Foundation of New York
- “Satin Woman” in “Nightingale and the Satin Woman” as part of the 2009 New York Music Theatre Festival,
- The Queen in “Nostradamus” with Side by Side Productions,
- Velma von Tussle in “Hairspray” with SLAMS Theatre,
- Rose in The Secret Garden with PLOS,
- Josephine in “Pinafore” with Babirra, Theatre Company,
-Emily (lead role that was written for her) in “The Lane” with WHATS Theatre Co
- Cosette in “Les Miserables” with Altona City Theatre
She has been a member of the Opera Australia chorus since 2004 and also appears with Victorian Opera, Melbourne City Opera and Melbourne Opera companies.
Opera performances include:
-“Werther” - Opera Australia
-“Tosca” - Opera Australia
- “HMS Pinafore” and “Trial by Jury” - Opera Australia
- “The Mikado” - Opera Australia
-"Yvette "in “La Rondine”- Melbourne City Opera
- "Madame Butterfly” - Melbourne Opera
- “Cosi fan tutte” - Melbourne Opera
- “Die Zauberflote”- Melbourne Opera
- "Grisette" - in "The Merry Widow" with Opera Australia
She was the understudy for the role of Zerlina in Melbourne Opera's production of “Don Giovanni” and she also understudied the role of Donna Anna in “Don Giovanni - A Fashion Opera” with Goodenough College in London in 2008.
Samantha sings at many corporate events as a singing waiter, and portrays the comic character of “Vilia Parmagiana”. She is also well known for her work as a featured artist at Carols by Candlelights and community events around Melbourne.
Samantha Holds a Bachelor of Music and a Bachelor of Speech Pathology with a specialization in voice Therapy. She currently runs her own private Voice Therapy Practice "In Good Voice" -